[SciPy-user] scipy mac os x leopard installation: scipy.test(1, 10) fails

Luke Olson luke.olson@gmail....
Sat Feb 23 13:24:20 CST 2008

I've been following the installation procedure for Mac OS X Leopard here:
I'm using the Apple python installation and the svn numpy as on the page.

After the build line in the link above completes,
reported that the nose package was missing, so I installed it.  Now I'm left
with the following error from scipy.test(1,10):

-> import scipy
-> scipy.test(1,10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py", line
115, in test
    argv = self._test_argv(label, verbose, extra_argv)
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py", line 98,
in _test_argv
    raise TypeError, 'Selection label should be a string'
TypeError: Selection label should be a string

Any ideas?