[SciPy-user] read_array problem

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen@slac.stanford....
Tue Jan 8 16:11:09 CST 2008

hi, I followed the advice and looked at the docstring :
Help on function loadtxt in module numpy.core.numeric:

loadtxt(fname, dtype=<type 'float'>, comments='#', delimiter=None,
ne, skiprows=0, usecols=None, unpack=False)
    Load ASCII data from fname into an array and return the array.
    The data must be regular, same number of values in every row
    fname can be a filename or a file handle.  Support for gzipped files is
    automatic, if the filename ends in .gz
    See scipy.loadmat to read and write matfiles.

Beyond the fact that it comes a bit as a surprise that numpy refers to
loadmat from a distinct package (well, sometimes I wonder how distinct
scipy and numpy are meant to be.... as a matter of fact
help(scipy.loadtxt) will work as well and give you the same info), this
scipy.loadmat does not seem to exist.... Maybe scipy.load was intended?