[SciPy-user] Memory leak in delaunay interpolator

Rob Hetland hetland@tamu....
Mon Jan 21 02:32:56 CST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> Its memory usage remains constant on my OS X machine.

Memory increased linearly on my machine (os x 10.4), as well as on a
relatively new install of ubuntu.  On the ubuntu machine, the leak
was large enough to cause a crash eventually.  I didn't have the
patience to wait for a crash on my Mac..

I wish I had more information to give.  I'm pretty sure the memory
leak is really there on my machine (and the ubuntu machine), but I
guess it is not reproducible across different platforms.  Perhaps the
problem will simply go away when I upgrade to 10.5.

Other potentially relevant info:

~$ g++ --version
i686-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build

 >>> numpy.__version__

~$ python --version
Python 2.5

Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331