[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Wed Jul 16 12:15:36 CDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
> I don't know what code do you mean here, I had already moved some code
> from ALGENCAN_oo.py to algencan_oo.py.

I think Matthieu is just referring to the DRY/SPOT
violations I pointed out.  Generally speaking, you should
not have two files containing duplicate code.

Just for example, one might refactor as follows:

        (for code found in both current files)

        (support for current version (unnumbered))

        algencan1.py (support for version 1)

The last two would import from the first as needed.
This is not a "proposal" per se, just an illustration.

Alan Isaac