[SciPy-user] Matlab IO -- can others with matlab test this bug?

Jonathan Hunt jjh@42quarks....
Tue Jul 29 00:37:29 CDT 2008

Hi Zach (and others),

I'd be happy to test the latest SVN checkout if someone could tell me
how I might build this in place (when I try and import from the scipy
directory directly it tells me that it needs to be installed which I
don't want to do as I want to leave the existing release version

Is there an easy way to go about using/modifying/testing the SVN
checkout without installing it each time one makes changes?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu> wrote:
> Hi Johnny,
>> Which version of SciPy are you using? I have 0.6.0 and MATLAB
>> (R2008a).
> Foolish me for not specifying! I'm using a recent-ish SVN checkout of
> scipy: 0.7.0.dev4393.
> It seems that the version-5 format writing came into the svn early
> this year, after the 0.6 release. The version-4 mat-file IO code seems
> to deal fine with short names.
> Thanks again,
> Zach

Jonathan J Hunt <jjh@42quarks.com>
Homepage: http://www.42quarks.net.nz/wiki/JJH
(Further contact details there)
"Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is." Richard Feynman