[SciPy-user] netCDF files, ctypes, and numpy

Rob Hetland hetland@tamu....
Wed Jun 18 10:48:01 CDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Chris Lee wrote:
> Well since discovering pupynere, I have no need for Scientific at all.
> Though, it should be noted that the current version of pupynere will
> only load netCDF files with a small number of variables. I think I
> have patched the code to fix that now. If I find that it works I will
> send the patched code on to the author.

For writing (and reading netCDF3 and netCDF4 files), check out

This package can now be installed linking to either the netcdf3 or
netcdf4 libraries (which need to be installed prior).

Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331