[SciPy-user] 2D Interpolation

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Fri Jun 27 13:13:22 CDT 2008

Can anyone help me use scipy.interpolate correctly.  Here's my problem:
I'm trying to make a 2D lookup table to save some calculations.  The two
parameters over which the lookup table is generated are independent and
I have complete control over how I divide up the domain.  Using this
lookup table, I'd like to then calculate values over an unstructured set
of parameter values (ie. a list of pairs of parameter values).  Is there
a function in scipy.interpolate that can help here? What I'd really like
to be able to do is generate an interpolator object from my 2D array,
and then pass a pair of 1D arrays to the object and have it return 1D
array of values.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant