[SciPy-user] iPython: How to reload & run

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Mar 23 19:36:57 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Allen Fowler <allen.fowler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  New iPython user here....
>  Typing %run only reloads the actually file... any of my modules are not reloaded even if I've chenged them.
>  Is there short-cut command to %run a file and forcefully reload any modules that its uses?

No, unfortunately no.  I typically just put a few judiciously chosen

atop the script itself.  You should keep in mind that generically,
reloading is tricky business: it's order-dependent, and what to do
with already in-memory objects when their supporting modules change
isn't clear.

Python still has a way to go before we catch the fabled lisp machines
from the 70's in terms of interactive modifications of live code, I'm