[SciPy-user] Estimation of parameters while fitting data

Doreen Mbabazi doreen@aims.ac...
Mon Mar 31 13:53:39 CDT 2008

Hullo,

I have as my fitting function a system of differential equations(3) and I
am supposed to get the optimal parameters to use by fitting data to this
system. I tried to use scipy.optimize.leastsq. The difficulty is with the
function that calculates the difference between the data and the values
from the fitting function. The result of the fitting function is a list
with three values and yet I only need one of the values to be subtracted
from the data value.
I have tried to get something from PyDSTool but all in vain. If you can
propose something for me to use or suggest a better method, I will be very
grateful.

Regards,
Doreen.