[SciPy-user] Converting arrays to dates for plot_date()

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri May 2 13:01:33 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:15 AM, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Dharhas Pothina
> <Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx.us> wrote:
> > Thank you John, I tried that and got the error message :
>  >
>  >  TypeError: descriptor 'date' requires a 'datetime.datetime' object but received a 'numpy.float64'
>  >
>  >  but using datetime() rather than datetime.date() seems to work.
>  I think the problem may be that you had floats rather than ints in
>  your "year" array.

Actually, I think the problem is that you did

  import datetime

and he did

  from datetime import datetime

but neither of you actually showed the import statements you used.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco