[SciPy-user] scipy 0.7.0.dev4373 + atlas FAILED (failures=2, errors=12)

Xavier Gnata xavier.gnata@gmail....
Fri May 16 16:33:39 CDT 2008

I have compiled ATLAS following
on Ubuntu hardy gcc-4.3 64bits .

everything look fine but  scipy.test() fails in a quite bad way :
Ran 1567 tests in 11.328s

FAILED (failures=2, errors=12)

Is it well-known that some tests of scipy 0.7.0.dev4373 fail ?
I can send you the quite long log if needed.

The point is that the user has no real way to know it there is something
wrong in the a ATLAS installation or if the errors are in the testsuite.

When I see for instance "ERROR: Failure: ImportError (cannot import name
flapack)" I must admit that it looks like a wrong installation of ATLAS
but what should I do now ??

ATLAS installation is time consuming and the documentation is really
unclear except this tutorial. As a result, we need a robust testsuite to
be able to know if scipy+ATLAS is correctly installed or not.

Note that however numpy.test() is ruining just fine and that I can use
scipy to do what I have to do.