[SciPy-user] scipy 0.7.0.dev4373 + atlas FAILED (failures=2, errors=12)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri May 16 16:37:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Xavier Gnata <xavier.gnata@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have compiled ATLAS following
> http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux#head-1c4018a51422706809ee96a4db03ca0669f5f6d1
> on Ubuntu hardy gcc-4.3 64bits .
> everything look fine but  scipy.test() fails in a quite bad way :
> Ran 1567 tests in 11.328s
> FAILED (failures=2, errors=12)
> Is it well-known that some tests of scipy 0.7.0.dev4373 fail ?
> I can send you the quite long log if needed.

Just show us the parts at the end showing the failures.

> The point is that the user has no real way to know it there is something
> wrong in the a ATLAS installation or if the errors are in the testsuite.
> When I see for instance "ERROR: Failure: ImportError (cannot import name
> flapack)" I must admit that it looks like a wrong installation of ATLAS
> but what should I do now ??

It might just be a problem with the build of scipy rather than the
ATLAS library itself. Show us scipy's build output.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco