[SciPy-user] ANN: PyDSTool 0.87 released
Thu Nov 13 16:53:42 CST 2008
Dear Scipy and Numpy user lists,
The latest update to the open-source python dynamical systems modeling
toolbox, PyDSTool 0.87, has been released on Sourceforge.
Major highlights are:
* Implemented a more natural hybrid model specification format
* Supports quadratic interpolation of data points in Trajectory
objects (courtesy of Anne Archibald's poly_int class)
* Supports more sophisticated data-driven model inference
* Improved efficiency of ODE solvers
* Various bug fixes and other API improvements
* New demonstration scripts and more commenting for existing scripts
* New wiki tutorial (courtesy of Daniel Martí)
This is a modest update in preparation for a substantial upgrade at
version 0.90, which will move symbolic expression support over to
SymPy, and greatly improve the implementation of C-based ODE integrators.
We are also trying to incorporate basic boundary-value problem solving,
and we aim to further improve the parameter estimation / model inference tools
to work effectively with OpenOpt.
For installation and setting up, see the GettingStarted page at our wiki,
The download contains full API documentation, BSD license information,
and further details of recent code changes. Further documentation is
on the wiki.
As ever, all feedback is welcome as we try to find time to improve our
code base. If you would like to contribute effort in improving the tutorial
and wiki documentation, or to the code itself, please contact me.
More information about the SciPy-user