[SciPy-user] ndimage zero-ignorant filters, or other ways to fill holes

Carlos da Silva Santos carlos.s.santos@gmail....
Mon Nov 24 15:48:21 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Vincent Schut <schut@sarvision.nl> wrote:
> If someone comes up with another brillant idea to fill the zero-gaps in
> my images with values that are in reasonable range of the gap's
> surroundings, I'd also be very grateful. Keep in mind that the images
> typically are pretty large, though. 7000x7000 pixels is no exception.

Maybe you could use ndimage.morphology.grey_closing, I cant find a
code example using it, but the idea is similar to the examples
featured in this page:

The "close hole" operator is probably closer to what you intended:

I am not sure whether this operator is implemented in the free version
of pymorph, maybe you should give it a try:

Hope this helps.