[SciPy-user] [numpy distutils] cpu detected...

fred fredmfp@gmail....
Sun Oct 5 08:25:57 CDT 2008

fred a écrit :
> Hi,
> Looking at numpy/distutils/cpuinfo.py (numpy 1.1.0)
> I wonder why Core2 is only detected for 64 bits arch, and not for 32 bits.
> I have a Core2 and fortran codes run faster when -xT flag is specified
> for 32 bits arch.
> Any hint ?
In fact, I really don't understand.

Knowing that IntelEM64TCompiler class inherit from IntelFCompiler in
get_flags_arch() redefines (line 165) IntelFCompiler's method.
So my Core2 can't be detected on my 64 bits arch and thus
IntelEM64TFCompiler's get_flags_arch() returns an empty list.

Do I misunderstand something trivial ???