[SciPy-User] optical ray tracing

Daniel J Farrell daniel.farrell@imperial.ac...
Tue Aug 4 03:11:55 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

There has been a lot of interest in optical design/statistical ray
tracing written in python recently and many different groups are
writing code that does almost the same thing.

As a community we have 3 projects so far (sorry if I have left you
project out, please correct me!),

http://github.com/jasminef/tracer/tree/optic_tests
http://bitbucket.org/bryancole/raytrace/overview/
http://www-ee.eng.hawaii.edu/~zqyun/rtplayground.html

I have created a Google group so, as a community, we can exchange
knowledge, ideas and code. I'm sure this is of benefit to all:

http://groups.google.com/group/python-ray-tracing-community

You might also be interested in Bryan Cole's RayTrace project here
Google Group,

http://groups.google.com/group/python-raytrace

But let's not clutter that up with non-specific posts!

So please head over to,

http://groups.google.com/group/python-ray-tracing-community

and write your introductions.

Cheers,