[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] 2d interpolation, non-regular lat/lon grid - help with delauney/natgrid??

John [H2O] washakie@gmail....
Tue Aug 11 08:54:33 CDT 2009

Answering my own question, but seeking comments.

Apparently matplotlib.mlab.griddata does exactly what I need.

However, I would be interested in know more about how to use this, and to
exert a little tighter control over it. One issue, as can be seen below, is
that there are clearly artifacts. I would like to create a masking array,
based on my raw data array, but as it has a highly irregular shape, this
doesn't seem trivial. Suggestions?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24918109/fyi.png