[SciPy-User] SciPy09 Video page direct links

Eric Carlson ecarlson@eng.ua....
Fri Aug 28 11:15:33 CDT 2009

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On 8/27/2009 8:43 PM John Hunter apparently wrote:
>> Hey this is great - - the relevant sections of the scipy website are
>> written in ReST, I believe, so what would be most helpful would be a
>> ReST document that has the content you submitted in html.
>>
>>   http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/introduction.html
>>
>> The the website developers could just drop it into the conference pages.
>

> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/cliechti/html2rst/html2rst.py
>
> hth,
> Alan Isaac
Per your request John, attached is an rst version that I think should
work. I got it to build in Sphinx with only one warning about this doc
not being in the TOC tree. To the best of my proofing, I think that all
the links work, but ...

I used Alan's link as a starting point for the translation, and got to
learn a considerable amount about string encoding (thanks to Gael's name
it seems). html2rst gave me a useful starting point, but still left me a
great opportunity to learn much about ReST. The program did a great job
with many parts, so I presume most problems arose from problems with the
original html.

Anyway, it was a good lesson for me and I hope the file will be helpful
for others.

Cheers,
EC