[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ANN: upfirdn 0.1.0

Tom K. tpk@kraussfamily....
Sat Dec 5 08:18:16 CST 2009

I am pleased to announce the initial release of "upfirdn."   This package
provides an efficient polyphase FIR resampler object (SWIG-ed C++) and some
python wrappers.

As a long time user of MATLAB and the Signal Processing Toolbox, I have
missed an "upfirdn" analogue in numpy / scipy since I switched over to
python a couple years ago.  I've been looking for a way to contribute to the
wider numpy / scipy community since I love these tools and appreciate all
the efforts of those who have developed them.  Since we have the polyphase
resampling functionality within Motorola and I use it for my work, I thought
it best to go the "official route" and get approval from my company to
publish it under a BSD compatible license.

It is my hope that others find this functionality useful.  Suggestions for
improvements or bug reports are welcome.  As installation is an area that I
am very green, I recommend only installing it locally for now, e.g.
      python setup.py build_ext -i
or even just
I'd like to spend some time learning more about distutils and release a
version with a more user-friendly install.