[SciPy-user] odeint for calculating trajectories

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Thu Feb 12 12:04:53 CST 2009

Is there a good way to use scipy.integrate.odeint to calculate trajectories
from an observed velocity field? I know you can do this when you have an
analytic expression for dx/dt, but in this case I have a spatial grid of
values for dx/dt.  The only way I've come up with is to make the function
passed to odeint something that will interpolate fromt the grid to the given

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
Sent from: Norman Oklahoma United States.