[SciPy-user] Google App Engine

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Feb 13 12:06:45 CST 2009

On 13-Feb-09, at 9:11 AM, SimonPalmer wrote:

> Is it possible to get scipy/numpy running on the Google App Engine?
> Has anyone tried?

I looked into it, and at present it doesn't seem to be possible:

"Currently, Google App Engine allows you to write your applications
with Python 2.5. For security reasons, some Python modules written in
C are disabled in our system. Also, since Google App Engine doesn't
support writing to disk, some libraries that support this and other
functionalities are only partially enabled."

If you can't get C code running (so no NumPy anyway), good luck with
Fortran (which SciPy depends pretty heavily on).