[SciPy-user] Simple plot problem

Guilherme P. de Freitas guilherme@gpfreitas....
Tue Feb 17 04:10:29 CST 2009

Hi, Ralf

> You could use Mayavi (see Enthought site) for interactive 3D plotting, e.g.
> start (recent version of) ipython:
> $ ipython -pylab -wthread
> and in this session:
> In [1]: from enthought.mayavi import mlab
> See
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/mlab.html#simple-scripting-with-mlab
> for examples.

Yes, I tried this. Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem.
The code I had, and the code Gael sent me give the following result:

See that tiny closed curve? The top part of it should be in the
graph of the function (in wireframe style) and the bottom line
should touch the x and the y axis. I couldn't understand why this is
the case, and the examples did not help in understanding that.

Guilherme P. de Freitas