[SciPy-user] Simple plot problem - extended

Tue Feb 17 05:33:09 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:28:20AM +0100, Marian Jakubik wrote:
> Hi Gael,

> the code you create "for" Ralph gives this error:

> ***

> (python:29796): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion
> `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed Traceback (most recent call
> last): File "my.py", line 12, in <module>
>     mlab.show()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'show'
> Segmentation fault

> ***

What is your version of mayavi2? I believe you have a version older than
3.0. You should really update to 3.0 or later, see
on how to upgrade. In particular, if you are using Ubuntu or Debian,
there are specific instructions on how to get Debian packages.