[SciPy-user] matrix inversion time (Python vs MATLAB)

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jan 10 14:28:21 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:
>> I thought COM was deprecated since .net ?
> ActiveX (internet-enabled COM objects) are certainly deprecated.
> S.M.

The advantage of numpy/scipy installation compared to python is that
python is already available.
Here is a quick script to find the dll version and path of mkl on my windowsxp

I had installed the trial version of mkl, and it put several variables
in my environment, e.g. the lib path.

The attachment uses a recipe from
which uses the win32api

But overall, I think the superpack is very good and, thanks to David,
lowered the entry cost for windows users to install scipy (with
correct sse) very much.