[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Selection of dominant points

Joe Kington jkington@wisc....
Sat Jul 25 02:02:33 CDT 2009

Well, I thought shapely <http://trac.gispython.org/lab/wiki/Shapely> would
have some sort of line-generalization capabilities, but apparently it

You may already be aware of this, but algorithm wise, you're looking for the
or something similar.

If you don't want to mess with implementing it yourself, you might want to
look at grass <http://grass.itc.it/>.  Grass has a
that should do what you need, and does have at least some python
bindings.  I've never actually used the python bindings for
so I can't help you too much there...

Hope that helps, at any rate!