[SciPy-user] OS-X Universal binary?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Mar 25 14:59:33 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>> I created a new ticket:
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1067
> Thanks.
> This brings up a n issue from way back -- with the trickiness of Fortran
> support, it would be nice if one could use the parts of Scipy that don't
> need it.

That sounds like a good idea, until packages using scipy will break on
your fortran-disabled scipy. We should avoid variations of the scipy
capabilities as much as possible.

> Or just fix the build!

Yes, that's a much better alternative. I just have to understand why
the universal capability detection breaks now for gfortran. It used to
work, and the related code has not changed recently,