[SciPy-user] OS-X Universal binary?

Thu Mar 26 11:37:03 CDT 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Being
> able to install things which don't depend on C++/Fortran would mean that
> the fortran parts are even less tested. And fundamentally, I don't think
> scipy wo fortran would be that useful: no fft, no linalg, no special
> functions. Who can use this ?

Quite true.

Has anyone tried using f2c for the Fortran code? this would give us a
C-only option, much easier to build. If native Fortran gives notably
better performance, it could be optionally enabled, kind of like ATLAS
for numpy.

Just a thought.

Anyway, it sound like my issue is not a deal-breaker, but rather an
oversight, so it can be fixed. If there are folks that can commit to
doing the builds, then most folks will be happy.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax