[SciPy-user] concave and convex function

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon May 18 17:20:24 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 02:57, Sebastian Walter
<sebastian.walter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM, mudit sharma <mudit_19a@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your response.
>> By M & W curve I meant M & W shape curves( subset ) and by cycle I meant wave cycle.
> Is that supposed to describe what is meant by M & W?

Peak-trough-peak and trough-peak-trough patterns, respectively, like
the shapes of the letters.

> No offense, but
> if you want help, you should
> state your problem in a way that other ppl understand...

His actual question is reasonably well-worded (he wants to classify
the signal into convex and concave portions), but you got distracted
by the irrelevant portion.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco