[SciPy-user] assign to diagonal values?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat May 23 16:33:37 CDT 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 16:26, Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu> wrote:
>>> Will that work with range objects (in Python 3)?
> On 5/23/2009 5:05 PM Robert Kern apparently wrote:
>> No. The automatic conversion to arrays does not consume iterators (nor
>> will it when we port to Python 3).
> Sure, but range objects are not iterators.
> They are "almost" sequences.

The answer is still no. Perhaps someone will write special support for
that type when we do the Python 3 port, but there's nothing in numpy
that would make it work automatically. For example, xrange() does not
work as an index with the current numpy.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco