[SciPy-user] noncentral F distribution?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed May 27 18:52:08 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 18:47, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  Just one more.  What are dfn, dfd?  The doc calls them "shape
> parameters", but I don't know what that means.

A "shape parameter" is a generic term for any parameter that is not a
location or scale parameter. In this case, dfn is the parameter for
the degrees of freedom in the numerator of the expression for the F
distribution (whether it is noncentral or not) and dfd is the degrees
of freedom in the denominator.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco