[SciPy-User] specify libgfortran.dylib location

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Nov 12 17:35:34 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:29, Robert Felty <robfelty@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried copying the x86_64 file to /usr/local/lib, and now scipy
> works. However, this does not seem like the right way to do it. Is
> there a way to tell scipy that it should use the version in /usr/local/
> lib/x86_64?
> I am using system Python 2.6.1 on Mac 10.6.1, which scipy 0.8.0

Where did you get your gfortran from?

If you are using the R gfortran binaries, my version appears to have
the files /usr/local/lib/x86_64/ as just symlinks back to the ones in
/usr/local/lib/. Perhaps you should upgrade to the most recent
release. Unless if you already are on the latest release and my
slightly older release is better.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco