[SciPy-User] Is there a Win 64bit version?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Nov 12 22:09:35 CST 2009

On 12-Nov-09, at 10:41 PM, Kevin Ar18 wrote:

> The installer says:
> "Python version 2.6 required, which was not found in the registry."
> I did some searching and it seems like this may be a 32bit vs 64bit
> conflict.
> I'm running Vista 64bit and Python 2.6.4 64bit.
> Has anyone made an installer for 64bit Windows?

So far, no. NumPy is relatively easy to build yourself I think, see:

SciPy a little less so, thanks to the mess created by the Fortran
situation on Windows. As of June 2009, SciPy could be compiled with
gfortran-mingw but would crash randomly, and there had been no success
in debugging why.

I'd suggest using 32-bit Python/NumPy/SciPy unless you really need it.