[SciPy-User] Numerical methods textbook recs?

Mark McClure mcmcclur@unca....
Thu Nov 19 10:01:21 CST 2009

I'll be teaching an undergraduate level course in elementary numerical
methods next semester.  I would seriously consider using Python/SciPy
as the computing environment for the course but I have not been able
to find a textbook that is Python based.  The appropriate level for
the text would be similar to Kincaid and Cheney, as you can preview

That book is more expensive than I'd like, however, and is not Python

Any suggestions?

Mark McClure