[SciPy-User] [OT] Transform (i.e., Fourier, Laplace, etc.) methods in Prob. & Stats.

S. Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Thu Nov 26 16:45:49 CST 2009

i dont know if it will be of any use to you, but:

Laplace transforms and their inversions are also used extensively in control

I wrote some python for the numerical inversion awhile back (before i was any
good in python, be warned!)

There are two different inversion methods in the attached file: the method of
riemann sums is the faster of the two, and here is the reference from which I
made my implementation:

You can probably throw out the stehfest method. I was using it originally as
it was faster, but then I managed to vectorize the riemann method. I had no
luck vectorizing the stehfest method.