[SciPy-User] idiom for iterators, expr(T) if isscalar(T) else array([expr(t) for t in T])

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 19 18:26:24 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 06:40, denis <denis-bz-gg@t-online.de> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 7:11 am, David Warde-Farley <d...@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
>> On 18-Oct-09, at 3:31 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>> > The problem with using StackOverflow itself for our
>> > purposes is that it there is no single tag that can be used to
>> > consolidate the relevant questions. I think we would benefit from a
>> > more tightly focused community.
> ? Why not just tell people
> "use http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/scipy;
> that will help the community to improve and collect answers."

Because "scipy" is an inappropriate tag for matplotlib questions. Or
numpy questions. Or IPython questions. Or SAGE questions.

> Further tags from:
>  area: optimize linalg interpol fft ... ~ the list in Wikipedia Scipy
>  question level: newbie ...
>  review level: ...
> would be nice, but I don't see much tag-the-world in scipy.org either
> --
> indexing, tagging, raising the quality of any big web site is really
> tough.
> In short, I (outsider) see a hard choice:
> - try to guide stackoverflow a bit
> - or ignore it, come up with something better ... a year later.

The clones are really quite nice. We don't have to "come up" with
anything. We just need to find time to deploy the software.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco