[SciPy-User] line/edge detection and output of coordinates.

Thu Apr 15 16:42:09 CDT 2010

Tim Michelsen wrote:
>> I'm trying to do some line/edge detection in python. I've done some
>> googling and found some mailing list archives that talked about ways
>> to do edge detection but they seem to mainly return an image with the
>> edges highlighted. What I need is x,y coordinates of the pixels that
>> make up the lines. I
> I'd go for a GIS application (GRASS, gvSIG, etc.):

or the GDAL command line utilities.

Another option is to look at drawing programs -- InkScape has something
that would probably work.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax