[SciPy-User] How to specify the dtype in IO

nicky van foreest vanforeest@gmail....
Thu Apr 22 03:14:00 CDT 2010

Have you tried the csv module? This is part of some code that I use:

    import csv
    reader =  csv.reader(open("dummy.csv"))
    for row in reader:
        Id = str(row[0])

Thus, you can determine the format of each column specifically.