[SciPy-User] ANN: Automatic Fortran to C++ conversion
Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve
Wed Aug 4 02:35:48 CDT 2010
I thought this may be of interest to the readers of this list:
fable - Automatic Fortran to C++ conversion
* fable converts fixed-format Fortran sources to C++. The generated
C++ code is designed to be human-readable and suitable for further
development. In many cases it can be compiled and run without manual
* fable comes with the C++ fem Fortran EMulation library. The entire
fem library is inlined and therefore very easy to use.
* The fem library has no dependencies other than a standard C++ compiler.
* fable is written in Python (version 2.x)
* The fable Fortran reader could be re-used to generate code for other
* fable/fem is open source.
More information about the SciPy-User