[SciPy-User] IO of large ASCII table data

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Aug 17 15:32:18 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 15:21, erin.sheldon <erin.sheldon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Felix Schlesinger's message of Tue Aug 17 15:55:17 -0400 2010:
>> > The recfile package is designed specifically for this purpose:
>> > http://code.google.com/p/recfile/
>> recfile looks very useful. Any reason its not on pypi? That would make
>> maintaining it as a dependency much easier.
>> Felix
> Felix -
> Interesting, I had never paid much attention to PyPI before as I have my
> own methods for dealing with dependencies. But that looks like a great
> resource and a nice way to distribute packages.
> I wouldn't know where to start with it though.  I would appreciate any
> tips you could give (offline if you wish).

Go down to the section "Submitting Packages to the Package Index".

I recommend removing the "ups" parts of the setup.py before making a
general release.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco