[SciPy-User] GMMs was Re: [ANN] scikit.statsmodels 0.2.0 release

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras@gmail....
Sun Feb 21 10:23:27 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM, David Warde-Farley <dwf@cs.toronto.edu>wrote:

> On 19-Feb-10, at 10:49 AM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> > He added last year the MIT license to all his code, except
> > unfortunately his time series code. I will eventually target his GMM
> > code, but some of the Gauss support functions are not yet available in
> > python.
> By GMM do you mean Gaussian mixture? I have some fairly well-tested
> code for that if you're interested (with a bunch of features like
> selective component updates, various sorts of pseudocount strategies,
> etc.
> David

I am looking into Variational Bayesian Inference for simultaneous learning
of GMM model parameters and model complexity. Have you (or anyone else on
the SciPy list) ever looked at this?

Best regards,