[SciPy-User] Seasonal adjustment in scipy/python?

totalbull@ma... totalbull@ma...
Thu Jan 14 13:44:13 CST 2010

I am looking to seasonally adjust some data series in Python - specifically economics in emerging markets. As you can see on the charts (www.emconfidential.com) there is a lot of seasonality to monthly data series. Example 1 (retail sales) is obvious. Example 2, CPI,  is somewhat less so, but there is still some seasonality here with price falls around January and fairly high prices in December.

How would I go about seasonally adjusting this data using Python and Scipy? Any canned functions?