[SciPy-User] R: [ANN] NLopt, a nonlinear optimization library, now with Python interface

enrico avventi eavventi@yahoo...
Sat Jul 3 04:32:38 CDT 2010

i wanted to try out your library but the configure process won't find

the header arrayobject.h and thus won't compile the bindings.

where am i supposed to put that header?

as my distro (Archlinux) doesn't seem to install the numpy headers i tried to copy them manually. so far i tried:

adding CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/include/numpy

where the headers for python are in

thanks in advance,

--- Gio 17/6/10, Steven G. Johnson <stevenj@alum.mit.edu> ha scritto:

Da: Steven G. Johnson <stevenj@alum.mit.edu>
Oggetto: [SciPy-User] [ANN] NLopt, a nonlinear optimization library, now with Python  interface
A: scipy-user@scipy.org
Data: Giovedì 17 giugno 2010, 18:11

The NLopt library, available from

provides a common interface for a large number of algorithms for both
global and local nonlinear optimizations, both with and without
gradient information, and including both bound constraints and
nonlinear equality/inequality constraints.

NLopt is written in C, but now includes a Python interface (as well as
interfaces for C++, Fortran, Matlab, Octave, and Guile).

It is free software under the GNU LGPL.

Steven G. Johnson
SciPy-User mailing list