[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] numpy and C

tinauser tinauser@libero...
Thu Jun 3 08:36:51 CDT 2010

I'm pretty new with both Python and C
I have a C application that run a python script.The python script then uses
C functions written in the code that embedd the script itself.
I want to pass array from the C code (where an API is giving pointer to data
want to plot in Python) and Python (a GUI).

What I've done so far  is to allocate before calling the Pyhon script a
with PyArray_SimpleNew. Since the data are unsigned char, the command is:
my_second_array = (PyArrayObject *)PyArray_SimpleNew(2,dim,NPY_UBYTE);
When I call the Python script,I sent my_second_array.On a timer,
is used as a parameter for a C written function: the idea is to assign the
pointer of a frame to my_second_array.data.

PyArrayObject *Pymatout_img=NULL;
PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "O", &Pymatout_img);//Pymatout_img is the matrix that
created in C during the initialization with PyArray_SimpleNew
Pymatout_img->data= cam_frame->data;

The problem is that the compiler (I'm using visual C 2008) says that cannot
convert *char to *unsigned char...

Can someone explains me what i'm doing wrong?