[SciPy-User] Up-to-date SciPy/NumPy docs

Thu Jun 24 08:24:03 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Pierre Raybaut <pierre.raybaut@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying things regarding SciPy/NumPy docs stability.
> From what I understand, I think that the best for Python(x,y) is to
> keep distributing the outdated versions of the docs. After all,
> essential features are still the same and were already well
> documented.

There are quite a few improvements especially in the numpy docs. Are you
only interested in .chm, or is pdf/html fine. I've got pdf's for 1.4.1 and
0.7.2 on my computer somewhere for sure, so I could send them to you by

> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Pierre Raybaut <
> pierre.raybaut@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I was planning to update Python(x,y) NumPy and SciPy plugins up to
> >> (resp.) v1.4.1 and v0.7.2 for a long time now but I was waiting for
> >> the documentation to be updated as well. But when I'm going to SciPy
> >> documentation website, there are either still outdated versions of
> >> NumPy and Scipy documentation available for download.

If you haven't started yet, I would strongly suggest to use scipy 0.8.0b1.
Or if you really want a final release, wait a week (or two at most). Despite
the recent date of release of 0.7.2 the code it's based on is from Jan 2009,
0.8.0 is far better even in beta form.