[SciPy-User] solving linear algebra and substitute in diff equations reg.

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter@gmail....
Sat Jun 26 14:43:08 CDT 2010

There are dedicated solvers for Differential Algebraic Equations (DAEs).
However, no such solver is included in scipy, at least not in the
version that I got.
There is a sprint on ODEs in the upcoming scipy conference.
I don't know if they are going to discuss DAEs,  but in the scikit
there seems to be some support for DAEs. So possibly, DAEs may be
supported in scipy in the future.

In the meantime, you could try http://pysundials.sourceforge.net/
which are bindings to SUNDIALS. I haven't used pysundails, but it's
certainly worth a shot.

Personally I'm using Python bindings to SolvIND
This software is powerful and versatile. However, it is not open source.