[SciPy-User] How can I build an rpm of lapack

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Wed Jun 30 02:52:24 CDT 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:11:36 +0900
  David <david@silveregg.co.jp> wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 03:45 PM, Nils Wagner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> SUSE (and Red Hat) regularly shipped versions of the
>> library where some functions were missing. Hence I would
>> like to build my own rpm's of lapack and blas.
>> Where can I find some instructions to build rpms of
>> and blas ?
>> Any pointer would be appreciated.
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/index.html
> Note that the learning curve is pretty involved.
>Packaging your own
> packages only makese sense if you need to install the
>same software on
> many machines.
> Besides rpm, you need to know the conventions of your
>distribution (a
> RPM for SUSE is not the same as an RPM for RH which is
>itself different
> from a rpm for Fedora).
> David
Hi David,

Thank you for your hint. I would like to install lapack on
many machines ( CentOS release 5.2 (Final) )
Actually, I was thinking of a "buidbot" system to automate
the compile cycle.
I just started with a shell script. Is it possible to add
some lines in order to build a rpm ?

wget http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-3.1.1.tgz
tar zxvf lapack-3.1.1.tgz
cd lapack-3.1.1
cp INSTALL/make.inc.gfortran make.inc
# Now, you must edit the make.inc file to ensure that the
# lines both contain the flag for compiling
position-independent code on your platform (e.g. with
gcc/gfortran it is -fPIC).
cd SRC