[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Fri Mar 12 12:45:55 CST 2010

On 03/12/2010 12:35 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:27, Anne Archibald<peridot.faceted@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Yes, the ZIP file format has a 4GB limit. Unfortunately, Python does
>>> not yet support the ZIP64 format.
>> Could it be arranged that an exception is raised when creating a>4GB
>> .npz file, so people do not find themselves with unrecoverable data?
> If you can arrange it, sure.
Please note that there is the related ticket 991:

Jose, what do Python version are you using and does the ' normal zip
utility present on the system' actually support zip64?
You should try seeing if 7z sees it.