[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Fri Mar 12 19:54:01 CST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Paul Anton Letnes
<paul.anton.letnes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12. mars 2010, at 16.35, Ryan May wrote:
>> You could try pupynere, which is pure python, only a single file
>> (netcdf 3 only).
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pupynere/
> pupynere is read-only, which of course is a show-stopper.
> Everyone else, thanks for good advice. I still can't get netcdf4-python to work with my netcdf4 library though, which it won't detect, for some mysterious reason... Anyway, h5py seems like a nice module - thanks Keith! I think I might go that route instead.

No, it does allow writing.  At the top of the link I sent before
(which I'm guessing you didn't read :)  ):

"Pupynere is a Python module for reading and writing NetCDF files...."

It works pretty well for me.  The only problem is that it doesn't
allow modifying files, but that's not too bad of a limitation. The
pure python part makes it really simple to install (it doesn't even
rely on having the official netcdf libraries installed.)

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma