[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP 2.3 (the Interactive Editor for Python)
Fri Nov 26 09:47:53 CST 2010
I am pleased to announce version 2.3 of IEP, the interactive Editor for
IEP is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and
introspection, which makes it very suitable for scientific computing. Its
practical design is aimed at simplicity and efficiency.
downloads: http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list (binaries are
available for Windows, Linux and Mac)
Release notes (see here <http://code.google.com/p/iep/wiki/Release> for
- IEP now uses the BSD license (instead of GPL).
- Binaries are now also available for 64bit Linux and Mac.
- Improved the interactive help; it looks better and can show numpy
- Source structure tool can now also show class attributes (in addition to
- New Workspace tool.
- New File browser tool which has the ability to search inside files.
- New (very limited) webbrowser tool.
- IEP uses the guisupport.py module to integrate the event loops for GUI
- The GTK event loop can now also be integrated.
- Many bug/issue fixes ...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SciPy-User