[SciPy-User] [ANN] guiqwt v2.0.7
Mon Nov 29 05:41:11 CST 2010
I am pleased to announce that `guiqwt` v2.0.7 has been released.
More than a bug fix release, this version of `guiqwt` includes a brand new documentation with examples, API reference, etc.:
Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces) and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library providing efficient 2D data-plotting features (curve/image visualization and related tools) for interactive computing and signal/image processing application development.
When compared to the excellent module `matplotlib`, the main advantage of `guiqwt` is performance: see http://packages.python.org/guiqwt/overview.html#performances.
But `guiqwt` is more than a plotting library; it also provides:
* Helper functions for data processing: see the example http://packages.python.org/guiqwt/examples.html#curve-fitting
* Framework for signal/image processing application development: see http://packages.python.org/guiqwt/examples.html
* And many other features like making executable Windows programs easily (py2exe helpers): see http://packages.python.org/guiqwt/disthelpers.html
guiqwt plotting features are the following:
guiqwt.pyplot: equivalent to matplotlib's pyplot module (pylab)
supported plot items:
* curves, error bar curves and 1-D histograms
* images (RGB images are not supported), images with non-linear x/y scales, images with specified pixel size (e.g. loaded from DICOM files), 2-D histograms, pseudo-color images (pcolor)
* labels, curve plot legends
* shapes: polygon, polylines, rectangle, circle, ellipse and segment
* annotated shapes (shapes with labels showing position and dimensions): rectangle with center position and size, circle with center position and diameter, ellipse with center position and diameters (these items are very useful to measure things directly on displayed images)
curves, images and shapes:
* multiple object selection for moving objects or editing their properties through automatically generated dialog boxes (guidata)
* item list panel: move objects from foreground to background, show/hide objects, remove objects, ...
* customizable aspect ratio
* a lot of ready-to-use tools: plot canvas export to image file, image snapshot, image rectangular filter, etc.
* interval selection tools with labels showing results of computing on selected area
* curve fitting tool with automatic fit, manual fit with sliders, ...
* contrast adjustment panel: select the LUT by moving a range selection object on the image levels histogram, eliminate outliers, ...
* X-axis and Y-axis cross-sections: support for multiple images, average cross-section tool on a rectangular area, ...
* apply any affine transform to displayed images in real-time (rotation, magnification, translation, horizontal/vertical flip, ...)
application development helpers:
* ready-to-use curve and image plot widgets and dialog boxes
* load/save graphical objects (curves, images, shapes)
* a lot of test scripts which demonstrate guiqwt features
guiqwt has been successfully tested on GNU/Linux and Windows platforms.
Python package index page:
Downloads (source + Python(x,y) plugin):
Dr. Pierre Raybaut
CEA - Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives
More information about the SciPy-User